Monday, February 9, 2015

Savory crock pot veggie & bean soup

Let's talk Pittsburgh weather!!!! Ugh, I think that sums it up. I will say it makes us want to make soup, drink tea, and snuggle up with a blanket. 

I tossed a few ingresients into a crock pot and it turned out pretty tasty. 
 
This is what you'll need. I always suggest organic and non GMO. 
10 ounces baby spinach 
2 large carrots chopped 
2 celery ribs chopped
1 large sweet onion chopped 
1 garlic clove (I tossed it in my magic bullet and added some water) 
4 cups of veggie broth 
28 ounces diced tomatoes or canned 
2 bay leaves 
1 tablespoon of dried basil
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
(I used my Doterra Oil and added 2 drops of my oregano) 
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
I added one can of any type of being that you choose. Just make sure that you wash the beans off very well if it's in a can. Try to stick with beans that have 17% and under as far as sodium. 

You put everything in a crockpot and put it on high for five hours and enjoy!!! 

Hope you enjoyed this quick recipe. Please follow my blog! I have a monthly little show on TV and you tube and its called Healthier Happier U! You can find our Facebook page. Also if you go on YouTube and search my name "Bethany Montecalvo" you'll find The Holistic Hunnie's. Jamie and myself do funny short episodes about health. Happy Monday!!



Peace in your heart, 
Bethany Montecalvo 
Pittsburgh Holistic Helath Coach 
Pittsburgh Union Makeup Artist 
Pittsburgh non toxic spray tan expert
Www.BethanyMontecalvo.com
Goorganicbam.blogspot.com
You Tube "Bethany Montecalvo"
Healthier Happier U Show on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment